The Village of Crete has partnered with Republic Services and will undergo a rerouting effort to its new Recycling Collection Service. Starting January 1, 2017, Republic Services will transition to a new “RECYCLE SERVICE DAY” schedule. Improved service delivery and response time are just two of the many benefits customers can expect to gain from this change.
Republic Services will be providing each single family home with one 95 gallon (1) RECYCLE Cart. Please use the handy collection calendar and map to find the day your home will be serviced.
- recycling-map-master-copy-scanned.pdf 213 kB
- 2020 Yearly Recycling Calendar https://www.villageofcrete.org/ste/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/01/2020_Yearly_Calendar.pdf
Your refuse cart should be placed out for collection by 6 a.m. on your designated collection day. To keep your cart clean and reduce litter, we recommend that garbage be placed in trash bags within your refuse cart. If a cart breaks or is damaged, please contact Republic Services at 708-385-8252 and a replacement will be delivered to you.
All your recyclables can be placed in the recycling cart without sorting. These are a few reminders about the recycling program:
- Recycling is collected on an Every Other Week basis. Please see the map and calendar for your collection day.
- Use the recycling cart that has been provided.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them in the cart.
- Don’t use the recycling cart for refuse or yard waste disposal. Use it only for the items listed in this guide.
Yard Waste Service will be provided from April 1st through November 30th of each year. You can utilize one of two methods: You can place all yard waste in a bio-degradable landscape waste bag or place your yard waste in your 95 gallon yard waste cart that has been provided for you.
Items Not Accepted
Loose trash, dirt, stone, rocks, hazardous materials, liquids, yard waste mixed with garbage, large automobile and truck parts, tires, and other items banned by law from landfill disposal. By law, many household and office electronic items including televisions, computers and computer monitors cannot be collected. For information on recycling electronic items, please contact Public Works.
Electronic Recycling Information
The Village of Crete does not have its own electronic recycling program, however; all Village of Crete residents may participate in the free recycling program established by Will County. Several drop-off sites have been created in close proximity to us, such as, Peotone and New Lenox. [Will County Green]() has a list of drop-off locations as well as times and accepted items.
As of January 1, 2012, the following items have been banned from disposal in Illinois:
- Computers (Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, E-Readers)
- Electronic Keyboards
- Fax Machines
- Videocassette Recorders
- Portable Digital Music Players(iPods, MP3s)
- DVD Players
- DVD Recorders
- Video Game Consoles
- Small Scale Servers
- Electronic Mice
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable Receivers
- Satellite Receivers
- Cell Phones
- Computer Cable
- Portable Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Zip Drives