Code Violation Complaints
Many people are not exactly sure what to do when they have a complaint regarding a possible violation. What we advise is to first talk with your neighbor or property owner.
Politely explain the situation and ask for their cooperation in resolving the problem. If this effort fails, contact the Code Enforcement Officer. We are happy to discuss the situation and will explain what type of steps we will have to take in order to have violations corrected.
When you contact us, be prepared to provide the following information:
- The specific type of complaint or nuisance.
- Your name, address, and telephone number. This information is kept confidential and is especially important if you leave a message and we need to contact you for more information or clarification regarding your complaint.
- Provide the exact location of the problem. We will need the house number and street name. If there is no address, provide as much information as possible regarding the location.
- Provide a brief description of the violation or complaint.
- If your complaint is regarding a vehicle, provide the license plate number, make and model, and color of the vehicle. State if the vehicle is on the street or private property.
- If your complaint is regarding debris, provide a brief description of the type of debris. Examples of debris are car parts, building materials, old tires, and garbage.
- If your complaint is regarding an on-going activity rather than a physical violation, provide us with a description of the activity, when it is occurring, and the day and times it occurs.