Crete welcomes your business and we are committed to helping your business grow and prosper. We strive to create a favorable climate for business and pride ourselves on being a partner with development. This approach has allowed us to foster a win-win business climate for the community developer and end-user.
Tax Increment Financing DistrictsThe Village has established 3 Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Districts to aid in the development of Commercial and Industrial projects. We have successfully utilized incentives available to attract national and international companies.
With ample property available for commercial and industrial development and more than adequate sewer and water capacity available to serve development, we encourage you to explore the possibilities and opportunities that Crete can offer. Please contact Village Hall for more information.
Available Commercial- Industrial and Residential Real Estate
- 90A of pad ready commercial on the east side of IL 394 between Steger and Richton - One to 40+ acres in size.
- 40A of B2 and 12 zoned property on the west side of IL 394 between Steger Road and Richton that is pad ready. Various lots sizes and divisible.
- 80A of AG zoned property west of the Bible League building at IL 394 and Richton. Other zoning possible with water and sewer adjacent.
- 55A on N Main owned by the Village - 1,900 ft. of frontage on Rt 1 with infinite possibilities. Various zoning possible with water and sewer on site. Property is in a TIF district and has unique topographical features.
- 500A in the SE quadrant of Burville Road and Main Street ranging in size up to 160A with most utilities easily accessible and in a TIF. The majority of the property is zoned industrial. Two new companies have just located located in this area; Al Amin Bros. Transportation (cold storage distribution operation) and DUtch American Foods have invested approximately $13M in this area.
- 1,063A of former CenterPoint owned property that is zoned IT (Internmodal Terminal). Recently purchased by a private party that is motivated to develop the property. Environmental assessments are done and off-site sewer & water engineering and easements to the property are in place. This property is ripe for a large scale user.
- 1-21A located at the corner of IL Rt 1 and West Richton Road zoned I-1 and a portion AG. Water and sewer on site and ready. High traffic volume on Rt 1.
- 27A located on the East side of IL Rte. 1 and immediately South of Deer Creek zoned B-2. Includes 2 Commercial buildings, 1 Storage building and 1 Single family home with a detached garage. Water and sewer on site and ready. High traffic volume on Rte. 1.
- Note: Recent traffic counts from the Village are available for locations along IL Rt 394 and the N. Main Street area. Residential lots are available at various locations in the village as infill opportunities. Also, there are some larger uncompleted subdivisions that are available. In all cases we encourage interested parties to contact Michael Smith, Village Administrator for assistance in obtaining further specific information. He can be reached at 708-672-2731.